Edit or Cancel Submitted Local Transfer

Modified on Thu, 26 Oct 2023 at 06:50 AM

Gain essential knowledge on editing or canceling a submitted Local Transfer and find necessary steps to modify or cancel your transaction successfully. 

Table of Contents

Local transfer can help companies to send money to up to 1000 beneficiaries/bank accounts in one transaction real-time. When it comes to Local Transfers, accuracy and attention to detail are crucial. However, sometimes we need to edit some of the beneficiary data or even cancel it. How can we do that? There are two things you have to know about editing or canceling your submitted Local Transfer transaction: 

After Drafter Creates a Transaction

In Local Transfers, it is not possible to edit the transaction once it has been submitted. If any changes are urgently required, the Approver can reject the transaction, and Drafter needs to begin the process anew. 

Otherwise, Drafter can cancel a submitted Local Transfer request, but only within a specific timeframe. The cancellation window remains open until before the Releaser releases the funds for the transfer or you can cancel your submitted transaction before the Transaction Status changes to In Progress. It's crucial to act promptly if you wish to cancel a transaction, as once the funds are released, cancellation becomes no longer possible.

As a Releaser, you also have the ability to cancel Local Transfer requests in the 'Scheduled' and 'Payment Delayed' states only. You can find more information on how to cancel scheduled payments in this article

If you find yourself in a situation where you need to cancel a submitted Local Transfer, it's important to understand the process and know the necessary steps to take. In this article, we will run you through the simple steps to cancel a Local Transfer request by Drafter, either scheduled or direct transaction. Drafters can cancel their submitted Local Transfer request only using Jack Portal. By following these steps, you can cancel the transaction smoothly and efficiently:

  1. Log in to your Jack portal and click the Transactions menu. Inside the Transaction tab, choose the transaction that you want to cancel. For an easier process, find the transaction by utilizing the Search Bar feature. Identify the transaction by the reference number, recipient's information, or transfer amount. Click on the transaction to open its details.

You can only cancel ongoing requests (request with Status = Pending Approval, Scheduled, Payment Delayed). You cannot cancel requests that are “In progress” or “Completed”.

  1. Inside the transaction details, you will find a Cancel Transfer button. Click on this button to initiate the cancellation process. 

  1. A confirmation prompt may appear to ensure you want to proceed with the cancellation. Ensure that this is the correct transaction you would like to cancel. Input your cancellation reason, then click Cancel Request to confirm your cancellation regarding the local transfer request. 

  1. Finally, you have canceled a submitted Local Transfer request successfully. 

  1. An email notification will be sent to the Approvers who have approved your request.

  2. You can check the list of your canceled Local Transfer requests by selecting Transactions in Jack Portal and filter by Type = Local transfer and Status = Cancelled.

  1. If the status of your Local Transfer request has changed to “Cancelled”, rest assured that your transaction will not proceed, and the funds will not be released. You can recreate the transaction by following the easy steps here.

After Releaser Accepts the Transaction

If the Releaser has approved the transaction, it cannot be canceled anymore. Therefore, make sure you have checked all the data before submitting and getting approved.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article